Friday, January 16, 2009

Nothing

Why is it that I have a thousand and one things to write about, but when I sit down to write it, I get constipation of the mind? No need to answer that, it was rhetorical.

I thought I would write about how altruistic I have become, but that would be selfish. I thought I could write about how a heightened sense of empathy has plagued me for years, but that would sound a bit whiney. So, I will settle for a nice, safe, political commentary.

First, I will admit, I am not very political. I classify myself in the middle, leaning to the right. Mainly because I can't stand most liberals. Self-absorbed, placating masochist with a chip on their shoulder just doesn't do it for me. That being said, pseudo-christian ritualist bigots with a point to prove just doesn't really get me their either. I find that carving my own niche in the world is much easier than trying to fit into someone else's. I definitely don't agree with every thing that Bush has done, but who can say they do? That being said, I don't find it particularly helpful in any situation to spew out clouds of poison. I think, considering the situation, Bush did what he thought was best for the country. It doesn't help when those around you block your every move without first looking at all of the information, just because you are in a different party either. It never ceases to amaze me when folks from both sides immediately condemn anything solely on the basis of the source. One party suggests free ice cream, and an opposing member condemns it citing health issues. Had the same suggestion been offered by the opposing member's party, then hell, where are the spoons?! It isn't just the politicians that exhibit irrational behavior, the constituents are much worse. It saddens me that so many people take what they are spoon fed by media and then spew that back out into the world like so much projectile vomit on the shoes of society. I say, unless you have been to Iraq, shut the hell up. Unless you have seen how people live in Iran, Israel, Pakistan or China, shut the hell up. Until you see something for yourself, you are going on the observations of someone else. And humans, no matter how hard we try, can not be objective about anything. Your personal slant creeps in to every thing you do, and every word that you say. Its inevitable. So, I challenge you to think for yourself. Step away from the media for a minute. Wipe off your Anderson Cooper inspired drool, step out into the world and find out the truth for yourself, because as we all know, it IS out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment