Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Qualifying

I hate that I have to qualify my statements. I hate that when I begin a conversation with, "Now, I don't have anything against..." or "Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those people, but..."

It infuriates me that political correctness is the destroyer of common sense. I remember a time when parents actually parented. "Oh, but we have to work! The economy is SO BAD!" or "We can't watch him/her every second!" Then I say you should have thought of that before you decided to breed. Children are their parent's responsibility, period. If you don't have the finances to support a family, here's an idea, don't have one. And when you do decide to have a family, please don't expect any special considerations just because you have spawn. At least not from me. (Here comes another qualifier...) I don't hate children. I don't hate parents. But I do hate the fact that I am expected to go out of my way for you, so you don't have to. If I get a dog then it is my responsibility to care for that dog and see that it doesn't dig up my neighbors flowers. If I just turned him loose on the world and didn't monitor what he was up to, then I would be at fault if he did something that he wasn't supposed to. Same goes for children. If you choose to have children, why is it acceptable to turn them loose on the world and expect the world to ensure he behaves?

Its all about choices. If you choose to have children, you should understand everything that means.

No comments:

Post a Comment